Shattuck, S. F., et. al (ed.) / A history of Neenah
History of the Neenah-Menasha Visiting Nurse Association, pp. 435-438 PDF (1.0 MB)
A HISTORY OF NEENAH On February 20, 1933, the second meeting was held and a consti- tution was drawn. Mrs. Kuehmsted was elected Vice-Chairman and Mrs. Ted Gilbert, Secretary and Treasurer. Monthly meetings were held in the homes of members. By 1934 there were twelve active mem- bers. In April of that year, two auxiliary members were appointed to attend the monthly meetings of the VNA Board in order to establish a closer working arrangement between the two groups. Dues, plus proceeds of food sales, provided a small amount for the treasury. In later years, an annual dance has been held to raise money for the work. Presently one VNA Auxiliary member is elected to serve on the VNA Board, and two members are invited to attend the monthly meetings of the VNA Board. VNA Auxiliary members continued to drive for dental clinics until that work was recently absorbed by the Community Chest. This group makes all necessary sewing repairs for VNA nurses, and supplies the kits used in their daily calls. Compiled by Mrs. W. B. Bellack 438
This image may be copied freely by individuals, educational institutions, and libraries for personal use, research, teaching, or any 'fair use' as defined by U.S. copyright laws. Please include the following statement with any copies you make: 'Photograph courtesy of the Neenah Public Library.'