Zellie, Carole; Janesville Historic Commission; Landscape Research (Firm) / The Columbus Circle Historic District : A Guide
N. Garfield Ave., p. 11
N. GARFIELD AVENUE 418 Alex and Nellie McCulloch ca. 1926 The McCulloch house has the pedimented entry and fanlights that are hallmarks of the Colonial Revival style. In 1930 the household included the retired McCullochs and their two daughters. Margaret worked as a dry goods store clerk and Fannie was a bookkeeper. 500 Andrew and Mary Walter c. 1890 This house is of special interest because it predates most of those in the Garfield and Parkwood additions. Andrew Walter, its owner in 1890, was a native of Scotland. He worked as a laborer at the Rock County Sugar Company. 528 Harrison and Irene Rex 1926 Colonial Revival features of the Rex house include window sash with divided lights and a central entry flanked by sidelights and surmounted by a fanlight transom. Two columns support the gable roof that shelters the entry. Rex, a native of Indiana, was a Janesville minister.
This material may be protected by copyright law (e.g., Title 17, US Code).| For information on re-use, see http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright