Smith, Mariam / The history of Omro
A. J. Marble bank career, p. 333
333 A.J. LMARBLE BANK CAREER A.J. Marble ended a 60-year career at The Farmer's Bank of Omro. He joined~the-bank as bookkeeper and worked in that capacity for 3 years. Then he was elevated to cashier until 1940. At that time he was elected President of the Board of Directors. The Bank and Masonic order were his two loves. In the Masonic Lodge he has served as commander of Oshkosh Commandery; illistrious Master of the Oshkosh Council and esteemed member of KTCH. Past Vlaster of Omroa Lodge F and A.M.; a high priest of Winnebago Chapter #143; and a past Noble Grand of the Odd Fellow Lodge here. He has been affiliated with the Presbyterian church down through the years, a past member of the board of trustees of that organization. Also an active member of the Oraro Inde- pendent Businessmen's Association. ---'..-*From the October 31, 1963 issue of Omro Herald. OMRO GUN CLUB The Omro Gun Club house is located on Lone Willow Point on lake Poygan. It is situated 7 miles north and west from Omro, and 15 miles from Oshkosh. The original building was erected in 1895. Present officers are--Pres.,A.W. Ballard; Vice Pres., C.jPelton; Sec'y - Willis Wheeler; Treas. Sherm Leighton; Trustees - Jnoo D. Treleven, George Dearstine and Henry Searles. Other members are--Hiram Coates, Theodore Korn, Isaac Bradley, C.D. Bowman, John F. Weir, H.H. Nolte, C. Bishop, E.E. Hicks, George Dyer and R.E. Root. ----From The Omro Herald Feb 13, 1897 - CT.,. Slocum, Editor. SEWVvR PROJECT W.P.A. sewer project was approved on Nov 14, 1935 by Federal Office at Wash. D.C. Work was started Nov 21, 1935 on Lincoln Street. --*--From an Omro Herald of that date.
This material may be protected by copyright law (e.g., Title 17, US Code).| Original material owned by Omro Public Library.| For information on re-use, see http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Copyright