University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Wilbert, Carl F. / History of the town of Mequon
([ca. 1990?])

Notes - Turner hall


Notes  - Turner Hall
Riemenschneider owner - sold to
Riemenschneider had a barn for the use of farmers from the
north hauling produce to Milwaukee as a stop over to rest
the horses.
Place sold several times - Brother-in-law of Win. Seifert
Arthur Kemp - the last owner was Chas. Toy, Chinese restaurant
operator from Milwaukee who operated a Chinese restaurant
for several years. He sold it to Frank Frey, who estab-
lished and built the Piggly-Wiggley, shop-?ing center on
the premises.  The Turner Hall was used for numerous pur-
poses before it was wrecked.
Kenpel before Hirt
Kemp sold to hurth   1945
Statelman bought from Hirt 1953
Knepel to Kemp
Kemp to Hirth - 1945
Hirth to Statleman - 1953
Statleman to S emmler
"-
Canning Factory
Pea canning largest industry. Stopped canning peas and
sold factory buildings. After a few years of canning peas,
sold it back to Nieman who then froze sweet corn on the cob
and mixed vegetables. The freezer plant and grounds were
then sold to Ross-Wells Co. who used it for freezing fox
lood and other fur bearing animals. Canning in Plequon dis-
continued entirely.


Go up to Top of Page