University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Link to University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
The State of Wisconsin Collection

Page View

Toepel, M. G.; Theobald, H. Rupert (ed.) / The Wisconsin Blue Book, 1962
(1962)

Judicial branch,   pp. [549]-564 PDF (4.4 MB)


Page [549]


Judicial Branch
      LANCASTER
This  Grant County   Soldiers
Monument located on the court-
house lawn was the first com-
munity memorial to the soldiers
who gave their lives in the Civil
War. Dedicated July 4, 1867,
it was erected by S. D. Wright.
It consists of square white
marble obelisk surrounded by
eight marble cenotaphs.


Go up to Top of Page