back to home
(madison icon)1902

The University, as a university, has never been lop-sided. The growth of the School of Economics and Political Science under Doctor Richard T. Ely, the School of Music under Prof. F. A. Parker, the School of Commerce under Dr. Wm. A. Scott, and the School of American History under Dr. Frederick J. Turner, show the development of the University along lines other than scientific. The great departments of literature, languages, and mathematics have never been so strongly officered and so crowded with students as in recent years.

The graduate school now numbers more than one hundred students. In its membership are represented more than forty colleges and universities. Among these are twenty great state universities, besides universities in Europe and the Orient.

Richard Ely

Turner w/ senior History Seminar